Friday, February 21, 2014

February In the 'Bag'

The month is almost over - its been a busy one. Well, a hectic one. I've got busy busy plans for the last 7 days until we hit March, so I figure I'll post a bit about the past three weeks now.

Two weekends ago I accompanied my youth group on our annual trip to Sacramento. I'll pull pics off my phone and do a stand-alone post later, but for now I can at least document the handmade I gave the 6 young adults to battle the cold of Sacto.

Fleece and Wool cowl

Wool and fleece cowls (wool suiting from stash, fleece is a two tone brown houndstooth from JoAnns)

After that weekend, I promptly came down with a vicious cold that kept me in bed for 4 days. Luckily, most of those days I wasn't supposed to work. I *was* supposed to be in Laguna, but EJ covered that while I slept 18+ hours a day and drank juice and meds.

I have one more FO - my Amy Butler Weekender Bag.

Cat for Scale

Supplies have been in my stash for about 2 years, and I was given the pattern as a gift about 2 1/2 years ago. I spent most of January working on it, taking my time. It's truly  not a difficult pattern, but getting the actual bag shell assembled took me about 4 hours, all told. I'll do a stand alone post for this one as well at some point.

Finally, I've been frantically knitting when I 1) have been at home, and 2) when I haven't been sick (LOL).

 Ravellenics Project 2014

This is a re-start of a vest pattern/kit from 2010 - it was my Ravellenics Winter Olympics project back then, too. I will seriously NOT get it finished in time for the closing ceremonies, but figure it will be 'ready to go' by mid-March. Not that the weather out here is amenable to woolen knits this winter!

OK, more later :)

2 comments:

Kate said...

Hey, that's a decent amount done for a sick month! I haven't even attempted a Weekender bag and you finished a nice one!

nessa said...

Thanks Kate! The Weekender isn't really difficult, just takes time :)